Kathy Murray is a highly experienced Psychotherapist using Somatic Experiencing and other forms of cutting-edge experiential and cognitive therapies. She is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Somatic Experiencing Practitioner. Kathy is also a licensed Health Coach, utilizing an integrative approach.
Somatic Experiencing is a psycho-biological approach which helps clients in develop more mind/body awareness and self-compassion when their nervous systems are overly activated, overwhelmed, or shut down. Results can include:
- Increased mind/body awareness and connection to authentic self.
- Decreased anxiety and depression.
- Increased self-acceptance and compassion for all parts of self.
- Increasing positivity and connection to inner strengths and resilience.
- Improved ability to resolve negative self-talk and inner conflicts.
- Increased ability to make healthy choices that are congruent with true self.
- Increased ability to navigate transitions in life.